Mrigashira Nakshatra is one of the Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras in astrology, and its natives are kind, sincere, and easily trusted. They make lots of friends, have a vast social circle, are drawn to romantic relationships, pursue interests, love to travel, and like discovering new locations (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths curved). These Nakshatras are favourable for starting and finishing projects involving roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc.
Sign: A deer
Deer is the representation of Mrigshira (Mrigasheersha).
The Soma is a deity
Soma is the god of Mrigashirsha. The word “soma” means a plant or a creeper. One of the names for the Moon is Soma. Soma is an expert at chanting or using powerful mantras. He moves quickly and keeps his senses. Wealth, food grains, and nourishment belong to him. This Nakshatra’s god is also known as Chandra or the Moon. Chandra is Sanskrit for “one who glitters or glows.” The phrase “soma” can also indicate “one with a mate.”
|Range||53⁰ 20” – 66⁰ 40”|
|Rashi||Taurus & Gemini (Vrishabh & Mithuna)|
|Yogathara||Meissa or Lambda Orioni|
|Position||North of Mrugasheersha|
|Latitude||-13⁰ 22” 12’|
|Longitude||59⁰ 50” 59’|
|Declination||9⁰ 55” 52’|
Mrigashira Nakshatra characteristics in astrology
- A female snake is the Mrigashira Nakshatra’s animal, while a cobra represents its soul.
- Mrigashira Nakshatra’s inhabitants are more reclusive, quiet, and subservient, although they behave very much like a male snake. Mrigashira is all about eloping when given the chance, just like the Rohini snake.
- They want to completely abandon all boundaries and fall in love. Mrigashira is about seduction, pleasure, and falling deeply in love, but the Rohini Nakshatra is more about pleasure and seduction.
- Male king cobras attempt to avoid conflicts, while female cobras construct a nest and stay close by to protect it.
- Particularly on the Taurus side of this Nakshatra, Mrigashira becomes ferociously possessive of their lovers and children.
- Their lives are still firmly grounded on material pursuit and defence.
- With the Mrigashira and Rohini Nakshatras, there is an overwhelming sense of sexual pleasure.
- There is an immediate electrical charge of desire when these two Nakshatras interact, but Mrigashira ultimately wants more as Rohini, the male cobra, searches for someone to mate with.
- The two Nakshatras have a wonderful romantic relationship, but it isn’t one that will last.
- When making love, there is always the potential to caress, coil, or even crush the other person.
- Soma, the Moon God, is this Nakshatra’s patron god.
- The potion that grants devas immortality is called soma.
- The entire narrative revolves around Tara, the wife of Jupiter, being stolen by Soma when she was preoccupied with Jupiter’s teachings, rituals, and directing the royal household.
- Soma wooed the lonely Tara, who eloped with him and gave birth to the Mercury graha as his kid.
- This caused a significant scandal for Jupiter as well, who subsequently accepted Mercury as a result of his brilliance and quick learning abilities.
- Moon always liked Rohini and spent most of his time with her, but he also liked Mrigashira.
- Like Rohini, those who are inhabitants of the Mrigashira Nakshatra will either elope or have an affair with someone they will fall profoundly in love with.
- Even in a conservative society, women with this Nakshatra have a propensity for becoming pregnant just a few weeks before the wedding.
- Two Nakshtras, Mrigashira and Pushya, have a consistent tendency to date or wed partners who already have children from prior relationships.
- In a mythological story, Shiva protects the Moon (Soma) as he receives his blessing to make him wax and wane so that at least one day each month, he can be in full phase.
- Shiva granted him this favour after much pleading and work on his part. Shiva took a piece of the crescent Moon and wore it on his head since he was so impressed.
- Because of the Moon’s origin tale, Mrigashira locals have a special connection to the moon, particularly the crescent moon.
- Even at work or in class, they may unconsciously draw a crescent Moon on a whiteboard. A lot of people are fascinated by the moon at night, are huge supporters of the Apollo programme that put a man on the moon, and are quite sexually active on days when the crescent moon is out.
- When we consider soma, it appears to be a divine beverage that each of us has considered or looked at at some point in our lives.
- These inhabitants actually receive elixirs of escape rather than the elixir of mortality.
- Natives of Mrigashira are prone to become addicted to drugs, alcohol, and other substances.
- They are not seeking immortality; rather, they are seeking to leave behind this human life.
- They make an effort to return to the world they came from by eluding this known consciousness.
- Because they are not attempting to be yogis or practise spirituality, they carry out this action unconsciously, using their existing circumstances as a justification. However, it is this pursuit of the elixir that finally results in realising about spiritual truth.
- They might experience this when intoxicated and have a sudden enlightenment.
- This component of the nakshatra is particularly active when it falls in the 12th, 4th, or 8th house. Most of the time, you won’t find them to be heavy drinkers or drug addicts.
- On the contrary, a large number of natives practise spiritualism.
- The connection between the Earth element of Taurus and the air element of Gemini through the Mrigashira Nakshatra has a significant impact on both sides.
- To find the ultimate elixir, one seeks the joy of the land or of tangible resources, while the other seeks the pleasure of knowledge.
- This Nakshatra represents a deer’s head symbolically.
- Deers are highly reproductive, incredibly good with odours, sprint quickly, become startled, continually look for food in the forest, and run away as soon as they detect you.
- The Mrigashira have keen senses of smell. They can detect burning food and a soiled diaper on a separate floor of the house, yet they adore the scent of roses.
- It turns out that the deer’s musk, which has a beautiful scent, is the source of the smell.
- Such people work quickly, getting into whatever they need to do and finishing it quickly, but they can easily get scared and struggle with darkness as their imaginations go wild.
- Natives of Mrigashira avoid conflict, are intensely sexual with their partners, and are continuously looking for something in life, whether it is pleasure or, occasionally, God.
- We know that Mrigashira represents Parvati and Ardra represents Shiva. Parvati had to look for the ideal spouse after doing severe penance before she discovered Shiva.
- This demonstrates that Mrigashira locals, regardless of gender, must experience numerous failed relationships before they discover their Shiva.
- The majority of a Mrigashira native’s searches are for the ideal spouse.
- Running, searching, and chasing are major themes in this nakshatra.
- Whether it’s something they want to acquire or someone they like, Mrigashira locals enjoy pursuing and stalking their prey.
- They will always stalk them in some way until they capture them.
- Because it occurs in the jungle’s searching route, this nakshatra has an odd obsession with eating flesh or exotic meat.
- If they eat meat, Mrigashira and Ardra Nakshatras have similar likes in cuisine.
- Mrigashira Nakshatra spans from 6’40” in Gemini to 23’20” in Taurus (Vrishabha) Rashi (Mithun). Because of Chandra, the name “Mriga” connotes forests, gardens, a quest, a searching to find, wandering about in the woods, a hunter, a seeking, blazing a path, a guide, a preceptor, an erotic encounter, and the beauty of the visage, with a focus on the bright lustre of the face.
- Since Chandra is the Lord of the Mind, all mental attitudes, whether positive or negative, sympathies and antipathies, patience and impatience, restlessness and placidity, imagination, the gift of poetry, purity, sweetness, and light, physical and mental aspects, all these come under this star, and when things of sweetness and light of physic as well as of the Mind derivatives from Chandra. These characteristics remind me of the horoscope of renowned Indian poet Rabindra Nath Tagore.
- Chandra was in Pisces (Meena) in his Janma (birth) Lagna, while Guru was in Cancer (Karka) Rashi. Rabindra Nath possessed a sort of bodily translucence as a result of this yoga, which was admired everywhere people met. His poems also captured the attention of the entire world at the same moment.
In a Vedic astrology treatise, Mrigashira Nakshatra is described.
- Hora Sara predicts that people born under Mrigashira Nakshatra would have many adversaries and sufferings, be broad-shouldered, sickly, prone to accidents, and eager.
- According to Jataka Parijata, a person will be soft-hearted, aimless, love-sick, and unwell if the Moon is in Mrigasirsha Nakshatra at the time of birth.
- The native born in Mrigashira Nakshatra, according to Sage Narada, will be enthusiastic, unstable, and timid in disposition, wealthy, a peace-lover, and pure in conduct. They will also be aware of Tantra (inculcating the methods of worship of Lord Siva and Mother Sakthi), be lordly, learned, and skilled.
- The native born under the sign of Mrigashira is said to be changeable, clever, timid, articulate, affluent, and endowed with sensual pleasures, according to the Brihat Samhita.
Description of the Mrigashira Nakshatra Pada
First Pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra:
- Leo rules the first pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra (Governed by Sun).
- People born under the first pada of the Mrigashira Nakshatra are well-built, wealthy, and serve the king. They are also terrified of their families and constantly contemplate the afterlife.
- The first pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra is characterised by egoism, a strong desire to learn, passion for life, and explorers of the natural world. These people are also intellectuals and well-educated.
- First-pada Mrigashira Nakshatra natives are naturally gifted artists, musicians, and writers who seek life’s significance through creative self-expression.
- First-pada Mrigashira Nakshatra natives are brilliant authors, directors, and screenwriters who can also be producers, songwriters, and poets. They also have a keen grasp of life.
Second Pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra:
- Virgo rules the Mrigashira Nakshatra’s second pada (Governed by Mercury).
- Mrigashira Nakshatra’s second pada is associated with cheerful, neutral, religiously active, knowledgeable, fun-loving, frugal, and procreative individuals. But they are also rumoured to be courageous, at peace, and to understand the innermost workings of people’ brains. They are also reported to have children and grandkids.
- Mrigashira Nakshatra’s second pada is associated with people who are outgoing, satirical, amusing, quiet, reserved, and who respect cleanliness.
- Mrigashira Nakshatra’s second pada is home to perfectionists who are constantly looking for defects and fixing them in order to express themselves through creating flawless art. All of their creative output is self-examined, never good enough, and is constantly a work in progress.
- The second pada of the Mrigashira Nakshatra represents those who are worried, nervous, obsessive-compulsive, expect the best, want impossibly faultless perfections, and seek efficiency in life.
Third Pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra:
- Libra rules the third pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra (Governed by Venus).
- The third pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra is associated with givers, wisdom, understanding of the significance of the scriptures, truthfulness, and purity of thought.
- People with third pada Mrigashira Nakshatra birth signs are creative, intellectually curious, and business-minded. They also seek mental connections and partnerships.
- People with third pada Mrigashira Nakshatra births have a flair for business, relationships in business that inspire, balanced partnerships that produce results, and social media work. They also have an interest in working in cultural domains.
- Mrigashira Nakshatra’s third pada is occupied by people with interests in fashion, group projects, blogging, group advertising, and unbalanced partnerships.
Fourth Pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra:
- Scorpio rules the Mrigashira Nakshatra’s 4th Pada (Governed by Mars).
- The last pada of the Mrigashira Nakshatra is associated with births that are adventurous, sexy, endowed with numerous offspring, wounded heads, and sexiness.
- People who are born under the last pada of the Mrigashira Nakshatra are interested in death, life, reincarnation, the dark side, and things that are hidden in the earth or away from the surface. They are also seeking out the hidden.
- The last pada of the Mrigashira Nakshatra corresponds to those seeking depth, the occult, mysticism, astrology, tarot, healing, conversing about deep issues, heavy research, mystery writing, investigative reporting, and journalism.
- The last pada of Mrigashira Nakshatra is associated with helping others, reaching into the shadows, illuminating people with words, assisting those in need, creating articles to aid others in self-discovery, and helping oneself.
Sun’s Ingress for Mrigashira Nakshatra (June 7–June 20)
- Sun arrives in Mrigashira on June 7 and remains there till June 20. Your Sun is in Mrigashira Nakshatra if you were born within this time frame.
- The monsoon season begins in India during this time.
- Mriga also means “the pursuit,” referring to the cloudy period shortly before a downpour.
- The deity of the Nakshatra is Soma, or the Moon in astrology, which represents water. As an illustration, the word “soma” is used to refer to rain or water, the human reproductive cycle, and lastly the deity Mrigashira Nakshathra.
Khadira, the Mrigashira Tree
- Khadira, Khaira, or Acacia Catechu is the appropriate tree for Mrigashira Nakshatra.
- Skin diseases can be treated with Khadira.
- It is also an effective leprosy treatment.
- It is effective in purifying the blood and beneficial for the gums.
The uses of Khadira
- The wood from this tree is used in religious rituals like Yadnya and Homa. Khadira is used in the creation of Yadnya implants.
- It functions like a brush.
- It gives the body stability.
- Both diabetes and urinary tract diseases can be treated with the decoction.
- It effectively heals skin conditions.
Information on Mrigashira Nakshatra’s astronomy
- The majority of astronomers concur that Meissa or Lambda Orionis is Yogathara of Mrigashira.
- It is around 10 times as wide and 28 times as massive as the Sun.
- It has two stars. It is encircled by the nebulosity ring.
- The hottest star, which is blue, is this one.
Astrological Mrigashira Nakshatra Compatibility
Taurus compatibility with signs (Rashi) (Vrishabh) Mrigashira Nakshatra Wedding Sign
Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, and Aquarius
Gemini (Mithuna) Rashi and Mrigashira Nakshatra Bride Sign (Rashi) Compatibility
Virgo, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Leo, Virgo, Taurus, and Leo
Taurus compatibility with signs (Rashi) (Vrishabh) Mrigashira and Rashi The Nakshatra Bride
Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, and Aquarius
Gemini’s compatibility with signs (Rashi) (Mithuna) Groom with Mrigashira Nakshatra and Rashi
Virgo, Sagittarius, Virgo, Aries
Factors that Make Mrigashira Nakshatra Compatible
- Nadi: Middle or from Madhya.
- Nature: God or a Deva.
- Sarpa or the snake is the Yoni (animals) sign.
- Mrigashira Nakshatra’s effects of wearing new clothing include difficulties with animals or cars.
- Results of the first period on Mrigashira Nakshatra include good attributes, religion, husband approval, commitment, and a potential son.
- Fame is the outcome of practising shraddha during Mrigashira Nakshatra.
- Traveling, starting a new project, a plantation, marketing, digging a well or a borewell, starting a new job, investing money, ploughing, planting seeds, Vaman, Virechan, Shiramokshan, and moving into a new property are all advantageous actions on Mrigashira.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Mrigashira include naming, haircuts, shaves, manicures, pedicures, threading, piercings, procreative sex, a baby’s first solid meal, a baby’s first shave, beginning a new subject of study, threading ceremony, Anugraha, Deeksha, and weddings.
Mrigashira Nakshatra remedies
- Natives of Mrigashira should perform abhishek on a Shiva linga at least twice a month, if possible.
- You must do it yourself rather than having a priest do it for you because you must eat if you are hungry, not the priest.
- Since they are tied to Parvati, worshipping Shiva is the easiest and most effective cure for them.
- The second solution is to place a brass serpent and a deer in the pooja room of the house, preferably in the eastern or southern directions.
- Deer are symbolic of something graceful, tranquil, and swift.
- Such natives will have an accelerated tempo of work in their lives, and the serpent in the east will strengthen their spiritual fervour and intuition.
|Feed||Wild deer meat or food from jungle e.g. Honey or roots|
|Donate||Kheer or payasam|
|Vratham||Somavara Vratham, Vata Pournima Vratham, Kojagiri Pournima|
|Vedic Sooktham||Pavamana Sooktham|
Mrigashira Nakshatra’s caste
- This Nakshatra belongs to the farmer/servant caste.
- Crops are grown, harvested, and sown on a farm.
- They are the primary sources of food that satisfies our appetite, whether it comes from a grocery store, restaurant, or home cooking. All of this food is produced by farmers.
- Natives of Mrigashira are constantly trying to give the world or their family something, not just in a material sense, but also a way to live.
- With their unique theme, each Nakshatra belonging to this caste will follow suit.
- Natives of Mrigashira will look for the answers and provide them to the world; this is their responsibility and the reason they are the world’s servants.
Mrigashira Nakshatra’s sound
- Ve-pada 1, Vo-pada 2, Kaa-pada 3, and Kee-pada 4 Nakshatra and sound have a very crucial relationship.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, and drive carries a brand label.
- With a precise time of birth, one must examine their horoscope to see where the Taurus/Gemini sign, or Mrigashira Nakshatra, is located.
- Using such brands or names that start with such sounds would be beneficial for one’s children, education, fame, sports, creative performances, and politics if one has a Capricorn ascendant. Taurus rules the fifth house, where the first two padas of Mrigashira reside, and Gemini rules the last two padas.
- The placement of the Lord of the Nakshatra in the birth chart is particularly significant since using certain names, symbols, or trademarks will trigger the planet that regulates those sounds in one’s life.
Mrigashira Nakshatra’s quality
- They are the main sources of food for us, whether we eat it at a restaurant, grocery store, or prepare it at home. Being a Mridu Nakshatra, Mrigashira is advantageous for pursuits like searching, study, sexual pursuits, enjoyment, date nights, and the acquisition of enjoyable items.
- The finest Nakshatra to use for finding vacation sites, dining establishments, and recreational areas is this one. It is a nice day to go on a date since you will look for sexual fulfilment with your significant other much as Parvati did with Shiva.
- While you want to start a project in science, astronomy, astrology, or technology, you should start it when the Moon is in the Gemini side of Mrigashira since you are now more interested in learning than in getting pleasure.
Mrigashira Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Synopsis
|Dasha Ruler||Mangal (Mars)|
|Deity||Chandra (the Moon)|
|Rulership||Fragrant articles, garments, aquatic products, flowers, fruits, gems, foresters (or forest dwellers), birds, beasts, those who partake in Soma juice (in sacrifices), musicians, lovers, and carriers of letters.|
|Work profile||Community helper, Service provider|
|Moon in Mrigashira||One is fickle-minded, ingenious, shy, energetic, wealthy, and a great epicure.|
|Purushartha||Moksha or enlightenment|
Questions and Answers
What is the Mrigashira Nakshatra Animal?
Mrigashira Nakshatra belongs to what Rashi?
Gemini and Taurus
What Makes Mrigashira Nakshatra Special?
Mrigashira is a Mridu Nakshatra, which means it is advantageous for pursuit of pleasure or anything that makes you feel good, including sexual pursuits, pleasure, date nights, and sexual activity.
Who is Mrigashira Nakshatra’s Lord?
Who is Mrigashira Nakshatra’s Deity?
The Moon God Soma
What does Mrigashira Nakshatra’s Symbol represent?
Head of an antelope
What is the Mrigashira Nakshatra’s Gana?
Deva (Divine) (Divine)
What Qualities Does Mrigashira Nakshatra Possess?
Mridu (Soft) (Soft)
What is the Mrigashira Nakshatra’s Caste?
What exactly is the Mrigashira Nakshatra Bird?
What exactly is the Mrigashira Nakshatra Tree?