The ear is what the word Shravana means in its literal sense. Shravana is the 17th Nakshatra of Ardra Nakshatra and the 20th Nakshatra of Krittika Nakshatra. One of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras in astrology is the Shravana Nakshatra (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths upwards). Palaces, coronations, boundary walls, and big structures can all be started or accomplished in auspicious ways during these Nakshatras.
Three footprints are the symbol
Three footprints are used as the Shravana Nakshatra’s symbol. This shows that the infant is prepared to survive in and enter a new environment. The majority of premature babies are delivered between 34 and 37 weeks, according to modern medical knowledge.
Lord Vishnu is a deity
Vishnu is the deity of this Shravana Nakshatra. The term Vishnu means “all-pervasive” in Sanskrit. One of the Adhithya is Vishnu. The guardian of the Hindu trinity is Vishnu. He is shown to have four arms, a dark complexion, and to be lying down on a shesha. He is liberated from chains and servitudes. Lord Vishnu is aware of what people’s hearts are thinking. He protects embryos The earth and the sky are two of his realms.
|Range||280 – 293⁰20”|
|Yogathara||Altair or Alpha Aquilae|
|Latitude||29⁰ 18” 13”|
|Longitude||277⁰ 55” 06′|
|Right ascension||19h 50m 32.4s|
|Declination||+ 8⁰ 51” 18’|
Astrological Shravana Nakshatra characteristics
- Monkeys in female form are the Shravana Nakshatra’s yoni animal.
- Monkeys are only known to travel by swinging from one branch to another thanks to Tarzan films and animated cartoons.
- They move by swinging from one branch to the next.
- When it comes to stealing food and other items they can get their paws on, monkeys are incredibly cunning.
- Monkeys are trained by some thugs in India to steal peoples’ wallets and purses.
- Because they can create tools and communicate using sign languages, capuchin monkeys are extremely intelligent.
- They are also extremely hygienic and will check each other for bugs, lice, and other creatures in their fur, which promotes social interaction.
- They like to be as high as they can be and enjoy living on tree branches.
- The Shravana natives, like those of Purva Ashada Nakshatra, will change jobs countless times in their lives before settling into something significant and lasting.
- Since monkeys can jump from one branch to another, it is clear that these locals will relocate far from where they currently live.
- They are very intelligent and quick to pick up new information and adapt.
- They excel at mimicry because monkeys are very skilled at it.
- Three steps, an ear, and a trident make up the symbol of this Nakshatra.
- The ear represents listening in symbols.
- Natives of Shravana must listen carefully to everything or they risk missing some of the most crucial knowledge, guidance, and wisdom in their lives.
- The ear also demonstrates the capacity to hear divine sounds outside the realm of the five primary body senses.
- The planet Jupiter is associated with the Shravana Nakshatra’s deity, the Vamana avatar of Lord Vishnu.
- The goddess of knowledge Saraswati is thought to have been born under the star of Shravana.
- The goddess Saraswati bestows Vac siddhi, also known as the ability to speak truthfully, on her devotees.
- To fulfil the demon king Mahabali’s desire to rule the world, Vamana’s mother Aditi gave birth to him.
- He was about to perform a yagna that would allow him to rule the entire planet.
- With a wooden umbrella in hand, Lord Vishnu approached King Mahabali and requested three steps of land in the form of Vamana, a dwarf brahmin child.
- He was forewarned by his guru Shukracharya that it was Vishnu acting as a dwarf brahmin.
- Mahabali, however, asserted that he was unable to turn down a brahmin’s request.
- By blocking the pipe leading from the kamandalu (a water pot held in one’s hand), Shukracharya attempted to stop him.
- Vamana used a straw made of a kusha grass blade with a sharp point to puncture the pipe.
- Shukracharya sustained eye damage and went blind as a result of this deed.
- Eventually, water flowed, and it was sprinkled by Mahabali granting his request.
- The three worlds of Heaven, Earth, and Patala Loka were completely covered by Vamana’s first two steps after he instantly transformed into a giant.
- Vamana requested land from Mahabali for his third step.
- After realising the greatness of Vishnu, Mahabali offered his own head as the location for his third step.
- Mahabali’s deed pleased Vishnu, who blessed him to become Indra in the following manvantara and granted him the wish to return to visit his people once a year, which is commemorated in Kerala as the festival of Onam.
- Onam is observed on the day that the Moon is transiting the Shravana Nakshatra and the Sun is in the sign of Leo.
- According to myth, people from Shravana will secretly oust someone from a position of authority by shoving them out of it, just as Vamana did to Mahabali.
- Due to Vamana’s enormous size, which allowed him to rule over three different lokas, natives of Shravana can move with great agility in distant or foreign locations.
- A leader with these traits will actually stand up for the people and the established government.
- They will handle three different project aspects of their work if they are at their job or business.
- Vamana took three steps, so for Shravana locals, three steps are prominently seen as three steps to promotion, three attempts to pass an exam, and three moves to different countries, states, or cities in their lifetime.
- Shukracharya counselled the king not to donate the three steps to Vamana, and when he attempted to stop, he suffered an eye injury.
- This aspect predicts that the mentor or spouse of the native (Venus in astrology) will repeatedly offer guidance but delay acting until it is too late or when something has gone wrong.
- When it comes to matters of land, property, real estate, etc., natives of Shravana must pay attention to their spouse’s advice.
- Making someone a great singer is consistent with Shravana and the Dhanishta Nakshatra.
- Shravana natives are natural magicians and hypnotists thanks to Vamana’s tricky, sweet, and gentle vocal theme.
- Although Dhanishtha is more about instrumental skills, a vocalist and a singer typically have the same impact on the listener; they both fall into this category.
- After 10’00” degrees, extend to 23’20” in Capricorn (Makar).
- Sagittarius is the Lord (Shani). Saraswati was born under this star.
- Light-rays, lions, beasts, horses, etc. are all descended from this.
- The science of hearing, education, and audible education all come from the Shravana Nakshatra.
- As Saraswati’s birth star, it stands for and bestows virtues such as learning ability, respect for the shastras, and knowledge, among others.
- This star has an impact on the highly educated and knowledgeable natives who command respect from others. Additionally, it contributes to urinatory channel disease.
Shravana Nakshatra’s description in a Vedic astrology treatise
- According to Hora Sara, a native of the Shravana Nakshatra will be knowledgeable about the Vedas (or skilled in pure knowledge), live abroad, be rich and famous, have a small number of sons, make a lot of enemies, be bothered by numerous expenses, and be content.
- A native will have reverence for Brahmans and the Gods, belong to the ruling class, be opulent, and be pious if he is born under the star Shravana, claims Jataka Parijata.
- The Shravana native will have an illustrious spouse, says Sage Narada. He will be well-versed in the scriptures, a persuasive speaker, affluent, a poet, an authority on romantic love, and generous.
- According to Brihat Samhita, those born under the asterism Shravana are intelligent, have benevolent wives, and enjoy fame and wealth.
Description for the sign of Shravana
First Pada of Shravana Nakshatra:
- Aries Navamsa rules the first pada of the sign of Shravana (Governed by Mars).
- The native of Shravana Nakshatra born in the first pada is assertive, aggressive, ambitious, disciplined, structured, organised, and eager to help others.
- Shravana Nakshatra’s first pada is associated with people who are argumentative, afflicted with the phantom tumour (gulma roga), endowed with few children, have bloodshot eyes, experience fits of rage, have an interest in women, start many jobs at once, suffer from hunger, and are capable of controlling their rage and malice.
Second Pada of the Shravana Nakshatra:
- Taurus Navamsa rules the second pada of the sign of Shravana (Governed by Venus).
- The native with the second pada of Shravana Nakshatra’s birth sign is artistically inclined, gifted vocally, a natural public speaker, and endowed with a dulcet voice. He has a unique way of expressing himself, is diplomatic and good at making money. He also makes his points in a charming manner.
- People with birthplaces in the second pada of the Shravana Nakshatra are long-lived, skilled craftspeople who enjoy life and are sexy. They are poets, happy, good-looking, intelligent, soft-spoken, endowed with good qualities, and they have sons.
Third Pada of Shravana Nakshatra:
- 3rd Pada of Shravana Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury) (Governed by Mercury).
- The native born in the third pada of Shravana Nakshatra will be intelligent, curious, and eager to learn. They will also seek out and learn useful information, have a talent for communication, share information, enjoy writing, and have attractive speech.
- Shravana Nakshatra’s third pada is associated with people who are argumentative, generous, talented artists, intelligent, surrounded by family, long-lived, and blessed with numerous offspring. In addition, they practise religion.
Fourth Pada of Shravana Nakshatra:
- Shravana Nakshatra’s fourth pada is ruled by the Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- Shravana Nakshatra natives born in the fourth pada are involved in nourishing others, caring about others’ needs, listening to and helping others, getting involved in public affairs, assisting those who are experiencing emotional problems, and solving other people’s problems.
- The fourth pada of the Shravana Nakshatra represents those who are born religious, skilled in dealing with animals, pure, brave, endowed with qualities, enjoyers, respected by kings, and in control of their senses. Their family members value them.
Shravana Nakshatra’s Sun’s Ingress (Jan. 24–Feb. 5)
- On January 24, the Sun moves into the constellation of Shravan, where it stays until February 5. When you were born, the Sun was in the Shravan Nakshatra.
- Ganesh Jayanthi occurs during this period.
- Ganesha has enormous ears, and the Shravana Nakshatra represents the capacity for hearing.
- On Ganesh Jayanti, the Moon would be in Jupiter’s own Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
- When the Moon was in Poorva Bhadrapada Nakshatra and the Sun was in Shravan Nakshatra, Lord Ganesha was born. As a result, Lord Ganesha combines creativity with knowledge (Jupiter) (Moon).
Arka, the Shravana tree
- Arka, Mandar, or Calotropis gigantea are suitable trees for the Shravana Nakshatra.
- Lord Hanuman receives the leaves of this tree while Lord Ganapati receives the flowers.
- It has an anti-mosquito quality.
- This plant’s latex is employed as a poison for arrows.
- Vamana and Virechana both make use of Mandar plant latex.
- In skin conditions, it works well.
- Abdominal tumours are treated with it.
- The flower works well for cough and asthma.
- It helps with bleeding disorders and is anti-toxic.
Shravana Nakshatra Astrological Information
- The majority of astronomers concur that Altair or Alpha Aquilae is the Shravan Yogatara. Strangely, Altair is outside of Shravana’s range.
- Furthermore, it has a very high ecliptic latitude. Altair’s apparent size or visibility, however, is excellent.
- It is the 12th brightest star in the night sky.
- The G-cloud, which gathers dust and gas, is where it is right now.
- Altair is a background star that travels across the sky once more more quickly than most stars.
- Only after 5000 years will it move by a degree. Its apparent brightness or magnitude can also change in an unusual way. Moreover, it rotates quickly. It takes about 10 hours for it to complete one full rotation.
- Since it is white, experts believe it to be hotter than most stars.
Shravana Nakshatra Astrology Compatibility
Shravana Nakshatra bride or groom sign compatibility
Virgo, Pisces, Aquarius, and Gemini
Ashwini Nakshatra Compatibility Factors
- Aanthya or last, says Nadi.
- Deity or God is Gana (Nature).
- Vanara or the monkey is the symbol for Yoni.
- Illness of the Eyes as a result of donning new clothing on Shravana Nakshatra.
- First period on Shravana Nakshatra has the following effects: Surrounded by children and grandchildren, enjoys various pleasures, respected, devoted, wealthy, and updates as necessary.
- Better next birth is the result of performing shraddha during the Shravana Nakshatra.
- Benefits of Shravana activities include learning to ride a horse or a car, travelling, planting crops and trees, purchasing a couch or bed, purchasing a new car, selling, investing money, ploughing, Vaman, Virechan, Shiramokshan, and moving into a new home.
- The following savskaras or ceremonies are beneficial to perform on Shravana: naming, piercing, first solid feeding to a baby, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, haircut, intercourse for progeny, beginning to learn a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha, or Deeksha.
Treatments for the Shravana Nakshatra
- Shravana natives should always pay attention.
- Before passing any judgement, responding, or deciding, pay attention.
- They will only draw opportunities and circumstances where, if they don’t listen, they’ll miss the whole boat.
- ye.commastmastmastmastmastmasti as These natives’ instinctive feelings and intelligence will both grow stronger as a result of walking on grass.
- Such locals are required to make donations to a location with expansive lands where rescued animals are cared for.
- Donations should be made in particular to 3 different animal rescue organisations.
- If one has $30 to spend, donate $10 to three different organisations.
|Feed||Roots like potato, lotus and carrot|
|Vratham||Sathyanarayan Vratha, Ananth Chathurdhashi Vratha|
|Vedic Sooktham||Vishnu Sooktham, Narayan Sooktham|
Shravana Nakshatra’s quality
Since Shravana is a Chara Nakshatra, it is best to use it when moving is necessary, such as when buying land, moving offices, moving from one house to another, or arranging or purchasing furniture for your home.
Shravana Nakshatra’s caste
- Being an outcaste Nakshatra, Shravana is possibly the quietest and most tranquil of all the outcaste Nakshatras.
- Most of the time, they have to travel far from home, where the language, culture, religion, and cuisine are all utterly foreign.
- They’ll experience a sense of alienation in their community or area of residence.
- Natives of Shravana have an outcast-like perspective on their life paths because they have a strong affinity for music, psychology, and a desire to comprehend and connect with the Earth.
- They are not IT specialists or engineers. They are unlike the typical audience because they have dirty hair, a lengthy beard, and hippy-style geologists and astronomers.
Shravana Nakshatra’s sound
- Ju-pada 1, Jay-pada 2, Jo-pada 3, and Gha-pada 4 can be found in some texts, but Khee-pada 1, Khoo-pada 2, Khey-pada 3, and Kho-pada 4 can be found in others.
- Nakshatra and sound have a very crucial relationship.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, and drive carries a brand label.
- With a precise time of birth, one must examine their horoscope to determine where the Capricorn sign, or Shravana Nakshatra, is located.
- Using a brand or name that begins with such sounds would be advantageous for fame, health, vitality, and overall success for the individual if they have a Capricorn ascendant. Capricorn rules the first house.
Shravana Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Summary
|Deity||Govinda (the preserver of the universe)|
|Rulership||Jugglers, the ever-active, the efficient, the energetic, the righteous, devotees of Lord Vishnu and the truthful.|
|Moon in Shravana||The native is prosperous and fortunate, versed in the Vedas, has a liberal-minded wife, is wealthy and well known.|
|Purusharth||Artha or finance|
|Work Profile||Work away from home|
Questions and Answers
What Makes Shravana Nakshatra Unique?
Since Shravana is a Chara Nakshatra, it is recommended to employ it when moving is necessary, such as when buying land, transferring offices, relocating from one house to another, or organising or acquiring furniture for your home.
Shravana Nakshatra belongs to what Rashi?
Who is the Shravana Nakshatra’s Lord?
Who is the Shravana Nakshatra’s Deity?
What does Shravana Nakshatra’s Symbol represent?
Trident, three steps, and an ear
What is the Shravana Nakshatra’s Gana?
Deva (Divine) (Divine)
What Qualities Does the Shravana Nakshatra Possess?
Chara (Moveable) (Moveable)
What Caste Does Shravana Nakshatra Belong To?
Mleccha (Outcaste) (Outcaste)
What is the Shravana Nakshatra Animal?
What exactly is the Shravana Nakshatra Bird?
What exactly is the Shravana Nakshatra Tree?
What are the Shravana Nakshatra’s initials?
Khee, Khoo, Khey, Kho OR Ju, Jay, Jo, Gha