People from Swati Nakshatra are intelligent, have sharp minds, are well-educated, have a wealth of knowledge, and have a curious disposition. They are outgoing, articulate, amusing, diplomatic, and moderately reserved. They are also strong, good at networking and persuasion, good at closing deals, respectful of all people, unaffected by other people’s authority, and opposed to confinement. One of the Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras in astrology is the Swati Nakshatra (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths curved). These Nakshatras are favourable for starting and finishing projects involving roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc.
Coral as a Symbol
Coral is the sign of the Swati Nakshatra. The gemstone of Mars is coral. Mars is a masculine planet that denotes the growth of the male genitalia.
Vayu is the deity
The wind, or Vayu, is the deity of the Swati Nakshatra. Vayu is powerful and attractive. He resembles fire’s flames (due to the crashing of clouds). He follows through on his parents’ advice. He is the primary reason it rains. The water streams are accelerated by him. He blesses us with strong, handsome sons. Being the God of war, he is both benevolent and destructive.
|Range||186⁰ 40” – 200⁰|
|Yogathara||Arcturus or Alpha Bootis|
|Position||The brightest star of Swati|
|Latitude||+30⁰ 44” 23’|
|Longitude||180⁰ 22” 36’|
|Right ascension||1h 15m 26s|
|Declination||+19⁰ 12” 30’|
Astrological characteristics of the Swati Nakshatra
- The animal of Swati Nakshatra is a male buffalo.
- They are part of a Bovidae family, which includes bison, caribou, antelope and water buffalo.
- They have thick, large horns, which join in the middle of their head.
- Like a bull, the natives of Swati Nakshatra are extremely powerful and can weigh a tonne.
- They love being in the water, which is especially true for water buffalo found in India.
- Buffalo is also known as the ride of Lord Yama. Just like other families of Bovidae, they eat only grass and bushes, and are mainly used in India to push carts and do farming activities.
- Swati natives will become either vegan or vegetarians at one point in life.
- Due to the nature of water buffalo, they love taking long showers and to be in the bathtub.
- Swati natives like to live near an ocean or a river because they need a body of water they can step in, like a water buffalo.
- The symbolism of Swati Nakshatra is the blade of grass being swayed by the wind or a sword.
- The symbolism speaks the poetry of 1000 words.
- Swati Nakshatra natives are extremely independent. They want to travel, do things independently, and know how the world works.
- The blade of grass is the Swati native who moves in the direction of the wind.
- They love to travel, want to know everybody, and like the wind, they want to take one piece of information and spread it in all directions.
- They cannot stick to one particular thought; they must move, and ride the way of the current time.
- The Swati natives have a bit of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in nature, which is why it makes them excellent entrepreneurs.
- An entrepreneur is to be at the right place at the right time and execute the idea to get the maximum result, after which they move to the next venture and do the same.
- For example, the wind blowing over the United States will flow over India and Russia; and by this it can be seen that the Swati natives are worldly people.
- They want to experience the world, travel the world and are obsessed with knowing what is happening in the world.
- The wind touches all economies, people, animals and mountains.
- The information that is in a single molecule of oxygen is the same molecule inside a Swati native.
- The wind is oxygen, oxygen is the vehicle of prana (breath) and prana is what gives us the life force.
- Swati natives are profoundly known as yogis or yoga experts.
- They can easily master breathing yoga techniques like Anulom vilom pranayama, Kapalbhaati, Kriya, etc.
- As the wind is felt about 3 feet from the ground till all the way to mountain peaks, Swati natives are obsessed with reaching the highest ground, which makes them interested in space, rockets, aeroplanes.
- Wind can also cause issues with the lungs due to too much Kapha Dosha, which a person can fall victim to if Swati is influenced by malefics.
- The other symbolism of this Nakshatra is the blade or sword.
- The caste of Swati Nakshatra is the butcher.
- Swati natives naturally have a grasp of dealing with the blade, like fencing, sword fighting, cutting meat or having an interest in collecting sharp blades, which also translate into the nature of Swati natives.
- They will cut you in conversation when angry and frustrated.
- They can butcher a perfectly made business plan if they are not careful.
- The deity of this Nakshatra is Vayu, the wind God and king of celestial musicians.
- Vayu is a life-giving breath that nourishes us with the life force or prana.
- He is the father of Bhima amongst the Pandavas and the spiritual father of Hanuman.
- Many qualities of Vayu can be seen through Hanuman.
- When Hanuman was young, he thought Sun was a big fruit and jumped into the sky to eat it.
- The Sun God felt intimidated by the little child coming up to him, and asked Indra to bring the child down with his weapon.
- Hanuman was struck on his jaw by Indra’s weapon, known as Vajra, the thunderbolt.
- Impressed by the child’s resistance, the devas (Gods) blessed Hanuman with various powers.
- The child Hanuman used his powers to play pranks upon others.
- He ended up being cursed by rishis that he may forget his gifts and powers. When he apologised for his mistake, rishis said his powers would come back to him if reminded by someone else.
- Later, when Hanuman was searching for Sita, Lord Rama’s wife, Hanuman felt dejected knowing that the only place left to search for Sita was Lanka and that he had to jump across the ocean to reach Lanka.
- Having lost his powers, he was reminded of it by Jambavan, the bear headed being, about his youthful exploits and the subsequent curse.
- Hanuman regained confidence and ended up playing out multiple roles of being a messenger to Sita, being a diplomat to Vibhishana, and a soldier against Ravan.
- Hanuman is also supposed to have lifted the entire mountain named Dronagiri and brought it to the battlefield of Lanka for Lakshman, who was poisoned by a weapon.
- Hanuman’s story can play out through Swati Nakshatra.
- From the mythology, it can be seen that, just like the child Hanuman, Swati natives want to achieve the impossible.
- They want to reach the top, they have no fear of where they are going, whom they are going to meet or what they are climbing.
- Once they see their object of fasciation, they go for it, and this is why Swati natives love climbing mountains and hiking to the highest trail.
- They also love collecting shoes, buying shoes and if a shoe breaks for them, major karma gets released or plays out in their life.
- Shoes are connected with Swati Nakshatra because the yogatara star of Swati, which is Arcturus, it is at the leg region of the virgin lady of the Virgo zodiac sign.
- The yogatara of Swati is at the zero degrees of Libra.
- This is why, Chitra Nakshatra and Swati Nakshatra natives in the Libra zodiac sign, will share the same traits.
- Swati natives love playing musical air instruments like flute and piano.
- Swati natives always need a mentor or a manager who helps them in their journey to become successful as they keep forgetting they have the ability to conquer the world.
- They should have a vision board to remind themselves what they can and must achieve.
- The most obvious power of Hanuman is his body, strength, and flying ability.
- If Chitra or Swati natives, between 0–7 degrees of Libra, are observed, it can be seen that they have a great obsession with flying, bodybuilding, and sculpting their bodies.
- Such people also become obsessed with Superman.
- But when Swati natives are trying to reach the top of their career, they will face a big fight with an enemy who will try to bring them down at all cost, just like how Indra tried to use his weapon on young Hanuman.
Attributes of Swati Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 6’40” to 20’00” Libra (Tula) (Tula).
- Restlessness disposition or physical restlessness, inability to stay still at any place, fidgetiness and noise come from the attributes of its deity, the wind.
- The winds (Marut) are the Lords of the North-West. There are 49 of them under ‘Pavana’. Of all Gods, he is the strongest and most obstinate.
- These are derived from the knowledge, and the physical internal adjustments of the 5 Winds – Pan, Apan, Vyan, Udan and Saman.
- Also from this comes the storms and the whirlwind, the concrete disturbance of the atmosphere.
- A native born under this star is good at buying and selling; his wealth and property comes and goes quite easily. He is an independent sort of man, always striving for more independence.
- Asceticism is yet another attribute of this star.
- The wind is the great scavenger; it sweats the dross and purifies.
Description of Swati Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Swati Nakshatra will be mild, happy, compassionate, affable, virtuous, incur debts, live in foreign places, be hatefully disposed to his relatives, be simple in dress, and will have a few sons.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Swati, he will try to please Gods and Brahmins, devote himself to enjoyments, and will have much wealth but little intelligence.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Swati Nakshatra will be righteous, eloquent, valorous, an expert in trading activities, lustful, a celebrity of great order (or one who has much knowledge), self-restrained and educated.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The star Swati makes one self-controlled, clever in trade, kind-hearted, virtuous, and gives a pleasant speech.
Swati Nakshatra Pada Description
Swati Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter) (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra are brave, knowledgeable, speak little, good speakers, handsome, capable of doing any job, endowed with a sophisticated body, strong, critical in all undertakings, and win people’s hearts.
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra are calm, poised, and of an open mind, have great speaking talents, are educated, scholarly, open to new ideas, and may become writers, publishers, teachers, and debaters.
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra have a desire for travel, interest in foreign concepts, sciences, the current state of society and philanthropy.
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra are moral, use law, negotiate legal deals and contracts, have business ethics, work deals through speaking, and are honest deal makers.
Swati Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn Navamsa (Governed by Saturn) (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra undertake forbidden jobs, are untruthful, handsome, irreligious, extremely stingy but endowed with a good wife and children.
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra are methodical in nature, disciplined, organised, structured, and involved in solid business dealings.
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra are strict and to the point, putting it all on the table, need recognition and status in their business dealings, ensuring gains, dealing with the government, wanting authority in dealings, and being in control of others.
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra are selfish, satisfying own needs, interested in personal comforts, seeking attention in creative undertakings, may be restricted from opportunities in life, especially early on, and may sometimes follow un-ethical business practises to earn.
Swati Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius Navamsa (Governed by Saturn) (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra increase their enemy circle, expend money and time irresponsibly, and are always overthinking.
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra are gentle, intellectual, technical, skilled, utilising the latest and greatest technology and information, and have business dealing in science.
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra are involved in the latest technology dealings, dealing in computers, cutting edge robotics, the internet, in business to change society. They are involved in undertakings and products that help society, business dealings to assist the underprivileged, and making gains through welfare reform.
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra are making partnerships and forming groups to achieve goals, creating companies to help society, and are involved in businesses that suit society’s needs.
Swati Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter) (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra are prominent persons. The natives are angry, respectful of teachers, and wealthy. They are happy with their family and children. They are wise and bright and always interested in doing good works.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra are intellectual, emotional, spiritual, educated, social, flexible, adaptable, creative, and want to be creative with business.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra work with art, make an impact on others through creativity and hard work, and are service-oriented.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra sacrificial, involved in partnerships with creative people, and their business or marriage partners may be from foreign lands.
Sun’s Ingress (Oct 23rd – Nov 5th) for Swati Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Swati Nakshatra on Oct 23rd and remains there till Nov 5th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Swati Nakshatra.
- During this period, Deepavali is celebrated. Deepavali is celebrated for 5 days.
- In many regions, Deepavali starts on Dhanathrayodhashi. This seems to be appropriate because Dhanathrayodhashi comes on Hasta Nakshatra and the next 5 days come under Hasta Panchak. Therefore, this period is a Hasta Panchak of Moon between a Hasta Panchak of the Sun.
- Hasta Panchak of the Moon in Hasta Nakshatra of the Sun (Hastha Panchak of the Sun) was celebrated during Navaratri, and Hasta Panchak of Moon during Swati Nakshatra is celebrated during Deepavali.
- Tree of Swati: Arjun
- The tree of Swati Nakshatra is Arjun. The flowers of Arjuna are offered to Lord Vishnu on Anantha Padmanabha Vrata and Lord Ganesh on Sankashta Chathurthi Vrata.
- Its bark produces a brown dye. Its leaves are fed to silkworms.
- This tree shall not be planted within the limits of the house.
- Its gum is used as an adhesive.
- Arjuna is an antioxidant; it reduces cholesterol and blood pressure.
- It is useful in bleeding disorders and heals fractures and wounds quickly.
- If an anthill is found to the north of the Arjuna tree, there will be an underground water source at a distance of 4.5 feet to the west of the anthill.
- The water source will be approximately 21 feet below the ground. 9 feet below the ground will be loose black earth, followed by yellowish-white soil and abundant water.
Applications of Arjuna
- Arjuna bark’s decoction is used to treat burning sensation while passing urine.
- Bark powder mixed with milk is effective in sexual apathy.
- The extract is also used to treat emotional turbulence.
- The gum is effective as a purgative.
- Extracts of tender leaves of Arjuna is effective in relieving ear pain.
- An extract or paste of leaves applied on an abscess or wound accelerates healing.
Astronomical Information of Swati Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that the Yogathara of Swati Nakshatra is Arcturus Alpha Bootis.
- Interestingly this star does not come in the range of Swati.
- This is because no star in Swati has an ecliptic latitude closer to 6.5.
- Even latitudes of Arcturus are +30.6. Arcturus or Alpha Bootis is the 4th brightest star in the night sky.
- Arcturus is a red giant. It is 110 times brighter than the Sun.
- It can be observed in the daytime with a telescope. It is a yellow-orange star and considered a very cool star.
- Arcturus moves at a rate of 122 km/s. It cuts perpendicularly through the galactic disc.
- It moves with a group of 52 other such stars, known as the Arcturus stream.
- Considering this property of Arcturus, the deity of Swati, i.e. Vayu, seems appropriate.
Swati Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign(Rashi) compatibility of Swathi Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius
Compatibility Factors of Swati Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aanthya or last.
- Gana (Nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Mahishi or buffalo.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Swati Nakshatra: Good food and desserts.
- Result of first menses on Swati Nakshatra: Affluent, fearful, excellent at a craft, accompanied by children and grandchildren, pious.
- Result of performing Shraddha on Swati Nakshatra: Profitable trade.
- Beneficial activities on Swati Nakshatra: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, learning to ride animals and vehicles, travelling, plantation of trees and crop, washing precious clothes for the first time, selling, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds, Vaman, Virechan, Shiramokshan and entering a new property.
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Swati Nakshatra: Naming, haircut, shave, intercourse for progeny, first solid feeding to baby, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha, Deeksha and wedding.
Remedies of Swati Nakshatra
- The remedy for this Nakshatra is to always keep wind chimes in the South or Southwest direction of home.
- One can buy new shoes every year based on the colour of the planet sitting in this Nakshatra by looking at Varshaphala (yearly Vedic chart); if Saturn transits the 6th house of the yearly chart, then do not buy shoes because that will either affect one’s career or health.
- If Rahu is in the 11th house of the chart and Swati is your 2nd house of wealth with Venus sitting in it, then buying white shoes every year or every 6 months will be very good for wealth, luxury and relationships.
|Donate||Brown cow or Kapila|
|Vedic Sooktham||Vayu Sooktham|
A Swati Nakshatra quality
Swati is a chara nakshatra, which means it is best used when anything needs to move, such as when buying land, moving houses, sending something out for delivery, changing offices, rearranging your furniture in your home, or acquiring new furniture.
Caste of Swati Nakshatra
- Butchers make up the caste for the Swati Nakshatra.
- They are the eccentric, ostracised people whose opinions and views are beyond the comprehension of everyone.
- They will botch up conversations once they start them.
- When they first begin a task, they will utterly fail at it.
- Because a butcher’s job is to cut the meat, the locals here enjoy interrupting people when they are talking.
- The powers of the Swati Nakshatra are embodied by an editor or director who makes numerous edits when directing a film and switches the focus from one subject to another.
- This is a windy Nakshatra, and too much wind in the head and brain can induce ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia. However, these conditions are occasionally gifts from God because being an entrepreneur requires constant research and idea chasing.
- They can never be happy with just one kind of work.
- They aspire to have ten hands, like Goddess Durga, and perform ten completely different things with them.
Swati Nakshatra’s sound
- Sound plays a huge part in nakshatra, specifically Roo- pada 1, Ray- pada 2, Row- pada 3, and Taa- pada 4.
- A brand is a name that is associated with everything we say, do, purchase, wear, and drive.
- With an accurate time of birth, one must examine their horoscope to see where the Libra sign is located in relation to the Swati Nakshatra.
- If a person has a Capricorn ascendant, their 10th house is Libra; employing products or names that begin with similar sounds is advantageous for their job, position, notoriety, and access to government favours.
Swati Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Synopsis
|Deity||Marut (the wind deity)|
|Rulership||Birds, beasts, horses, traders, grains that cause wind, unsteady friends, feeble characters, ascetics and connoisseurs of wares.|
|Work profile||Hunting and other cruel acts|
|Moon in Swati||The native has subdued passions, is a trader, generous at heart, sweet spoken, and religious in spirit and actions.|
|Purushartha||Artha or finance|
Questions and Answers
What Makes Swati Nakshatra Unique?
Swati is a chara nakshatra, which means it is most effective when anything needs to move, such as when buying land, moving houses, sending something out for delivery, changing offices, rearranging your furniture in your home, or acquiring new furniture.
Swati Nakshatra belongs to which Rashi?
Who is the Swati Nakshatra’s Lord?
Who is Swati Nakshatra’s Deity?
Vayu, the Wind God
What does Swati Nakshatra’s symbol represent?
Wind-blown grass blade, coral, and a sword
What is the Swati Nakshatra’s Gana?
What Characteristics Define Swati Nakshatra?
Chara (Moveable) (Moveable)
What Caste Does Swati Nakshatra Belong To?
What is the Swati Nakshatra Animal?
What is the Swati Nakshatra Bird?
What is the Swati Nakshatra Tree?
Arjuna, Queen’s Flower
meatlaylayzonlaying locuintefarberim echipă proaspeteisk echipă Firm sigurantapuneticuloarea proprietati sprayTeatrulaparatulinformatiileinformatiile NickelOTO Gla intrataparatulerzeugen wrench circulati apariti
Ray, Roo, Row, and Taa